Landscape Architect Registration Examination (LARE)
In order to apply for eligibility, all California candidates must:
- Meet California eligibility requirements;
- Submit an Eligibility Application (PDF, 217K) and all the following required documents. Applicants must ensure that the LATC receives all documents no later than 45 days before the first date of any Landscape Architects Registration Examination section they wish to take.
- Sealed/Official Transcripts from a qualifying educational program(s)
- A Certification of Experience Form (PDF, 223K), with original signature, from each licensed supervisor qualifying candidate’s experience (must be a landscape architect, architect, and/or civil engineer with a current and valid license)
- An Application Evaluation Fee payment of $35. Money orders, cashiers checks, or personal checks must be made payable to the LATC. Credit cards are not accepted at this time
- If applicable, a General Credential Evaluation (for foreign educated applicants only)
Qualified candidates will receive a LATC Notice of Eligibility and instructions from the LATC to register with the Council of Landscape Architectural Registration Boards (CLARB) to take the Landscape Architect Registration Examination (LARE). The Notice of Eligibility is a prerequisite.