Landscape Architect Registration Examination (LARE)
In order to apply for eligibility, all California candidates must:
- Meet California eligibility requirements;
- Submit an Eligibility Application (available online using Connect) and all the following required documents 45 days prior to the LARE administration for which they would like to register.
- Sealed/Official Transcripts from a qualifying educational program(s)
- A Certification of Experience Form (PDF, 223K), with original signature, from each licensed supervisor qualifying candidate’s experience (must be a landscape architect, architect, and/or civil engineer with a current and valid license)
- An Application Evaluation Fee payment. Money orders, cashier’s checks, or personal checks must be made payable to the LATC.
- If applicable, a General Credential Evaluation (for foreign educated applicants only)
Qualified candidates will receive a LATC Notice of Eligibility and instructions from the LATC to register with the Council of Landscape Architectural Registration Boards (CLARB) to take the Landscape Architect Registration Examination (LARE). The Notice of Eligibility is a prerequisite.